Marketing has always been a top-of-mind topic for businesses, and now more than ever it is important to stay on top of the latest trends. Eduardo Sonoda is an industry marketing guru who has spent years studying and advising companies on how to improve their marketing strategies. Eduardo Sonoda recently shared his insights with us about the top 5 marketing trends that we should all be watching out for in 2021:
1) Content Marketing will evolve from being just a channel to becoming the cornerstone of every company’s marketing strategy. Currently, companies ranging from small businesses to large enterprises are struggling to keep up with the demands of marketing today.
2) Customer Experience Management will take center stage as companies realize they’re losing customers left and right because of poor service experiences
3) The importance of brand storytelling will increase as brands focus less on interruptive advertising and more on earning customer’s attention by providing them with useful, engaging content
4) Eduardo Sonoda asserts that data Collection will become more precise and accurate as marketing experts invests technology, to becoming more complex in newer technologies like AI to constantly monitor customer behavior in real-time
5) The role of the Chief Marketing Officer will shift from a tactical position to a strategic one, as companies realize that marketing is no longer just about branding but also about business growth.
Marketing has evolved dramatically in the past decade. In order to keep up to date with these marketing trends, it’s important for us [as marketers] to have a clear understanding of our consumer’s wants and needs so we can deliver relevant content that resonates with them. This is particularly true in a world where visual content is taking over.
In order to stay ahead of the curve, we need to make sure that marketers are constantly adding new skills to their toolkits and learning how to become more customer-centric. The marketing world is evolving at a faster rate than ever before, which means it’s becoming increasingly important for us as marketers to “stay relevant